Welcome to Anthony Browne class
The class teacher is Ms McGorry.
Fun games to help you learn your spellings
- Staircase: Write the words as if they are stairs, adding one letter at a time.
- Spelling Puzzle: Make a home-made puzzle by writing each word in large letters on card and then having the child cut each card in to pieces.The fun is in putting the puzzle back together
- Flip and Rainbow Write: Write the spellings onto cards. Flip a word card and have your child write each flipped word in rainbow colours. Make the first word red, second orange, third yellow, etc. OR write each letter in a colour of the rainbow.
- Type it Out: Open up a Word document and have your child type the spelling words on the screen as you call them out. Let them enlarge the font, make it a cool colour, and he’ll have a ball.
- Spell on Tape: Have your child spell the words into the voice recorder on your phone or computer.
- Video Record: Use a video camera or camera phone to take a video of your child spelling the words. Have him put on a funny hat, dress-up, or use a silly prop to add to the fun.
Welcome to Year 3's page!
We are looking forward to a new term and lots of exciting topics. Come and take a look at what we will be doing this term.
Every week learn your spellings for a test on Friday.
Remember to fill in the sheet and return to school on a Friday.
Learn your 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8 times tables. There will be a test every Friday.
Read at least 5 times a week and get your reading record signed.
Remember to login to www.mymaths.co.uk
you can complete your online homework and play games.
If you are using an i pad you will need to download a free app called puffin academy.
Use a dictionary to look up the word and find out the meaning.
Try some of the games to practice the words more.
In English we will be looking at Myths and Legends. Read lots of stories on E2Bn website.
In Maths we will be learning about multiplication and division. Do you know your 2x, 5x, 10x, 3 x, 4x and 8x tables?
In Science we will be learning about Living things.
In History we will be learning about Ancient Egypt and how people lived then.
In RE we will be learning about places of worship and prayers for different religions.
PE is on a Tuesday.
Please make sure that your kit is in on a Monday and stays in all week.