Banks Road Primary School 2017
At Banks Road Primary School we offer our pupils a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and the National Curriculum. It enables all pupils to reach their full potential and prepares them for their future success.
Our rich and inspiring curriculum promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and provides opportunities for pupils to:-
- gain a sense of enjoyment and achievement by building on their strengths, interests and experiences,
- be happy, enthusiastic, reflective and committed learners who have thirst for learning,
- develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in all areas enabling them to make rapid progress,
- develop their confidence and their capacity to learn and work both independently and collaboratively,
- think creatively, engage in problem-solving, be adventurous and explore areas of interest, understand the importance of pursuing a safe and healthy lifestyle,
- form positive relationships which are based on a respect for themselves and others and develop their self-esteem,
- become responsible, rights-respecting and caring citizens who appreciate diversity and make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community.
We teach the 2014 Primary National Curriculum using a subject based approach and make cross curricular links.Trips and outings are central to the children's learning experience. In addition to this they will have a series of memorable learning experiences, which may include inspirational speakers, key visitors to school, themed days, a recreated experience in school or hot seating a guest or fictional character. We use a range of teaching strategies that take into account the ways in which children learn in order to foster engagement, motivation and creativity.
Each term teachers devise a Curriculum Flyer to inform parents and carers what their child will be learning. These Flyers can be found on your child's class page.
Our curriculum alongside the Primary National Curriculum promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares pupils for the opportunities and experiences of later life.
An overview and end of year milestones for each year group can be downloaded by right-clicking on the links.
Years 3 and 4
- Year 3 Curriculum Map 2017-2018
- Year 3 & 4 Curriculum Map 2017-2018
- Year 3 Milestones (Science, History and Geography)
- Year 4 Milestones (Science, History and Geography)
Years 5 and 6
- Year 5 Curriculum Map 2017-2018
- Year 5 & 6 Curriculum Map 2017-2018
- Year 5 Milestones (Science, History and Geography)
- Year 6 Milestones (Science, History and Geography)
Milestones for Foundation Subjects - KS1 and KS2:
Here are some helpful videos that outline the statutory tests that take place in KS1 and KS2.