Liverpool Counts Quality Mark
Liverpool Maths Quality Mark.
Our school achieved the Liverpool Maths Quality Mark. We have made lots of positive changes and are hoping to make further changes. Some of the changes we have made so far include:
- Weekly maths awards in assembly - teachers choose a child each week to receive an award for their maths work in class.
- Staff door signs - staff now have signs on classroom doors, which show how adults have been using maths in everyday life.
- A display showing how children use maths in the outside world, for example when they are working out how much change they will get at the shop.
- Maths Ambassadors – two children from years 3 -6 have become maths ambassadors and will be responsible for leading some of our new initiatives. They have set some challenges around the school and on the yard at play times.
- Parents/carers maths leaflets – these leaflets will inform you about what your child will be learning in maths over the year and give you some suggested activities you could do with your child at home. The first of these leaflets will be given out this month.
- Parent/child maths workshop sessions – during the year, parents/carers will be invited into school to experience maths as we teach it.
We really appreciate all of the support you, as families give us and hope you continue to support us in gaining this award by encouraging your child to use and talk about how they/you have used maths in everyday life.
KS1 graduated as Mathstronauts
KS1 blasted off into space with the Mathstronauts! We watched a show all about problem solving, space and how to use maths in the real world. We joined in with catchy songs and had to solve a lot of problems for the Mathstronauts. They thought KS1 were amazing at being cadets and problem solving. After the show the Mathstronauts came to our classrooms to deliver a workshop. We played games and thought mathematically about the world. Check out our slideshow below to view photographs from the day...