Liverpool Counts Quality Mark
Liverpool Maths Quality Mark.
This year, our school is aiming to achieve the Liverpool Maths Quality Mark. We are already doing a lot of the things towards getting this mark, but we have also made some positive changes and are hoping to make further changes. Some of the changes we have made so far include:
- Weekly maths awards in assembly - teachers choose a child each week to receive an award for their maths work in class.
- Staff door signs - staff now have signs on classroom doors, which show how adults have been using maths in everyday life.
- A display showing how children use maths in the outside world, for example when they are working out how much change they will get at the shop.
- Maths Ambassadors – some year 6 children have become maths ambassadors and will be responsible for leading some of our new initiatives. They have set some challenges around the school and on the yard at play times.
- Parents/carers maths leaflets – these leaflets will inform you about what your child will be learning in maths over the year and give you some suggested activities you could do with your child at home. The first of these leaflets will be given out this month.
- Parent/child maths workshop sessions – during the year, parents/carers will be invited into school to experience maths as we teach it.
We really appreciate all of the support you, as families give us and hope you continue to support us in gaining this award by encouraging your child to use and talk about how they/you have used maths in everyday life.