Aims, Ethos and Vision
At Banks Road Primary School, we value all children as unique individuals and work hard to provide high quality education and care. We aim to provide the very best education possible to enable our children to be ready for the world that surrounds them.
In partnership with children's parents and carers, the school aims to:
- provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment where children enjoy learning, experience success and fulfil their potential through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- provide high standards of teaching and learning which can be achieved through a combination of challenge, support, encouragement and praise.
- support children to have a ‘ can do’ attitude.
- respect, value and include everyone in our community, regardless of race, religion, culture or ability.
- develop our children’s self esteem and self-confidence so they feel proud of themselves, proud of their achievements and proud of their school.
- develop children to be lively, have inquiring minds, as well as the ability to question, argue rationally and to apply themselves to realistic tasks and challenges.
- have high expectations of behaviour with a clear understanding of right and wrong.
- develop rounded individuals socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and creatively.
- prepare and educate children about the wider world beyond the local area.
- value independence and equip children with the skills and abilities to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
- encourage and enable the continuous professional development of staff, ensuring effective communication between all.
Children are at the heart of our school. We know that our children only get one chance and so we are committed to developing our children to be the very best that they can be. We believe strongly that all children should be valued and taught in a positive and high quality learning environment in order to develop their talents, learning attitudes and character.
In addition to teaching children skills and knowledge, we consider that it is essential to teach children the following core values:
Through teaching these values, we aim to inspire children to become creative and innovative problem solvers who are ready to thrive and succeed in the 21st Century.
At Banks Road Primary School, children are valued as individuals and experience high-quality learning. All learning is relevant to the children’s lives and encourages strong home-school links. All children are supported to develop a deeper understanding of self, enabling them to grow into responsible members of society.