PE and Sports Premium
What is Primary PE and Sports Premium?
The Primary PE and Sports Premium is funding designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sports activities they offer their pupils.
Department of Education's vision for the Primary PE and Sports Premium: 'All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.'
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
The focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will on well beyond the Primary PE and Sports Premium funding. It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increase participation in competitive.
Schools receive sports premium funding every year.