Banks Road Primary School is committed to helping children achieve excellence in sport throughout the school. We aim to engage all pupils in regular physical activity and allow staff the opportunity to improve their teaching, understanding and confidence of delivery of the P.E. Curriculum. We also plan to increase the amount of competitive participation in sport throughout a range of activities and events. We are committed in using the Premium Funding offered to the school to provide these opportunities through equipment, high quality coaching, travel, competition entry fees.
The P.E. Team in Banks Road is:
Mr. Dade (KS2 P. E. Co-ordinator)
Miss Davis (EYFS/KS1 P.E. Co-ordinator)
Physical Education Key Stage 1
Children will develop core movement, increase confidence in Agility, Balance and Coordination of movement individually and with others
Children will engage in competitive situations both against self and against others.
Pupils should be taught how to:
- Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing catching
- Develop balance, agility and coordination
- Begin to apply Agility, Balance and Coordination to a range of activities
- Participate in team games developing simple tactics of attacking and defending
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns
Physical Education Key Stage 2
Children will continue to apply and develop a broad range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways Link skills to make actions and sequences of movement
Children will communicate, collaborate and compete with each other
Children will develop understanding of how to improve their own skills and abilities.
Children will learn to evaluate and recognise their own success
Pupils should be taught how to:
- Be able to run, jump, throw and catch as an isolated move or combined
- Play competitive games and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- Develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through gymnastics and athletics Perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- Take part in outdoor activity challenges individually and as a team member
- Be able to assess personal progress and know how to improve
LATEST EVENTS AND CLUBS
After School Clubs include:
Year 3/4 Football on a Wednesday with Mr Evans
Year 5/6 Football on a Thursday with Mr Dade
Key Stage 2 Dance on a Wednesday with Miss Davis & Miss Smyth
Friday 4th October
On Friday 4th October our Year 6 football team travelled to The Jefferey Humble Sports grounds to compete in the Everton FC Premier league football competition.
The competition involved over 20 schools from all over Merseyside and after group games against Leamington, St Anne Stanley, Longmoor and Blackmoor, we impressively qualified for the quarter finals. After narrowly missing out on a semi final place to Bishop Eaton by one goal to nil, many of the coaches and scouts present commented on what a good footballing side we were. This sets the team up nicely for the rest of the season.
(Picture to follow)
More trials and a wider range of clubs will be occurring throughout the year. Keep checking back to make sure you are up to date.
This year at Banks Road Primary School we are experiencing a range of different sports. Look below to see what we have been getting up to!
Skateboarding and Scooters
Over the next few months, the school will be supporting the British Heart Foundation through Physical Education activities. We will be promoting the Foundation's 'AllStar Games' where anything from egg and spoon races, to fun runs will be used to raise money for the Foundation. We are looking forward to seeing how all of our pupils get involved in our high-energy, all-year-around fundraising event.