Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.

Banks Road Primary School

We can do it!

Banks Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L19 8JZ


Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at Banks Road

"Leaders have reviewed how pupils are identified as having special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities. This has focused the attention of adults on meeting the needs of these pupils in the most appropriate way. Interventions and support are timely, and evidence available at the time of the inspections indicates that these strategies are working. Pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities have good attendance and are learning well."

- Ofsted inspection report (8th May, 2018)

    At Banks Road Primary School, the SENCO is responsible for managing the SEND provision.

    Mr James Savage BA (QTS) Hons NASENCo is the school's SENCO and Assistant Headteacher. He can be contacted at school on 0151 427 4360 or via email at Mr Savage aims to have all emails and telephone calls responded to within 24 hours Monday - Friday during term time.

    Please try not to worry if you or your child's teacher believe your child may have Special Educational Needs. There are lots of people in school who can help and we will do all we can to make sure your child receives the support they need.

    If you have any questions or queries about Special Educational Needs at any point during your child's time at our school, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Savage. 

    The designated governor for SEND is Mrs Dora Fletcher. Mrs Fletcher and Mr Savage meet termly to:

    • discuss developments in the school's SEND provision,
    • discuss progress of children on the SEND register ,
    • provide an opportunity for Mrs Fletcher to challenge Mr Savage on the quality of the provision and suggest improvements.

    Any concerns or complaints relating to the provision of SEND should in the first instance be made to Mr Savage, SENCO. If the matter cannot be resolved then further representation should be made to the Head Teacher. We have a Complaints Procedure which is available from the school office upon request.

    You can view Liverpool's Local Offer, which provides details of SEND support services, at:

    IPSEA is an independent parental educational specialist which can offer information, advice and training for parents of children with special educational needs. You can access their website at

    We are currently working towards the Inclusion Charter Mark with School Improvement Liverpool.

     Accessibility Plan 2017-20.pdfDownload
     Accessibility Policy.pdfDownload
     BRPS Special Educational Needs Information Report UPDATED January 2019.pdfDownload
     Supporting Children and Young People with Medical Conditions in School Policy.pdfDownload
    Showing 1-4 of 4

    An EHC plan brings a child or young person's education, health and social care needs into a single, legal document. The child or young person must have special educational needs to be eligible for a plan. However, not all children with SEND will need an EHC Plan. EHC Plans are granted when there is evidence that a child requires more intensive, individualised support (beyond that which schools are able to provide independently) in order to make progress.

    A request for an EHC assessment can be submitted by schools, settings, parents or young people. Parents and young people can decide to request an EHC plan independently however schools and settings must have parental consent in order to apply.

    If parents or young people feel that a request for an EHC plan would be beneficial it is always best to work in partnership with the SENCO within the school or setting to make the request. However, if this is not possible, parents and young people can contact the SEN Team directly to make an request. 

    The process for applying for and receiving an EHC Plan is quite lengthy. The legal time for the process to be completed is 20 weeks, this begins when an application is received and processed by the SEN Team.


    The documentation required when requesting an EHC assessment is below:

     My personal profile option B2 - parent page.docDownload
     Parent Carer Advice Assessment Request 2015 - parent page.docDownload
    Showing 1-2 of 2