The RE curriculum at Banks Road Primary School is of a high quality, well planned and demonstrates progression. The impact of this is measured through:
- The confidence of our children to be able to discuss their learning from past and current topics, being able to make links and apply this to their future learning,
- Assessing children’s understanding through pupil voice interviews,
- Marking of written work in books,
- Photographs of practical learning,
- “Book looks” to moderate the children’s work,
- End of unit synoptic tasks and end of term multiple choice questions.
Through their RE learning, it is our aim for the children to leave Banks Road Primary School with a good understanding of people’s cultures and religion and with a positive attitude to demonstrate respectful behaviour to all.